Bulk Material testing is critical for successful delivery of a bulk material handling solution that ensures your dry bulk powder or bulk material handling needs. Without an accurate bulk material flow, correct flow properties, equipment and system design, the system solution will be based on guess-work. Can you afford to risk your project’s success on limited material data, questionable assumptions, and equipment designs that will provide poor flow, segregation, and product or process non-uniformity?
To ensure reliable dry bulk material handling solutions, the equipment and system designs must be based on relevant material characteristics measured at representative process conditions. Lion Bulk Handling, together with our specialized, fully-equipped laboratory partners, we continually conduct bulk material flow and particle properties tests, pneumatic conveying tests, fluidization tests, and model novel processes and equipment.
Common tests performed by Lion Bulk Handling include:
- Flow properties: powder flow ability; handling equipment design data
- Segregation: mixture or particle separation tendencies
- Pneumatic conveying: conveying behaviour; minimum conveying velocity
- Particle properties: material characteristics such as shape, size, true density
- Abrasive wear: sliding wear effects against steel, ceramic, or plastic liners
- Particle attrition: particle’s tendency to break-down and generate fines or dust
- Powder fluidization: material’s ability to fully aerate and flow like a liquid
- Powder caking: material agglomerating, lumping, or clumping properties
Materials of varying bulk density and particle size have been tested and conveyed by Lion Bulk Handling (and its product brands). Our flow engineers are capable of determining the exact performance specifications and operating parameters for your material handling system based on these variables. This is why Lion Bulk Handling recommends the use of our flow calculation program to determine expected material conveyance. Lion’s (partner) labs are commonly used for testing the flight ability of the dry bulk material. The collected data and flight ability test information allow the flow engineers to calculate the flow capacities of the complete bulk system. If you have any questions, you need your dry materials tested or need more information about the possibilities, please do not hesitate to contact us.