As its name implies, a feasibility study is an analysis of the viability of an idea. The feasibility study focuses on helping answer the essential question of “should we proceed with this project idea?” All activities of the study are directed toward helping answer this question.
Feasibility studies can be used in many ways but focus primarily on proposed businesses and innovative technology. Charters, ship owners, shipyards and other companies with ideas conduct feasibility studies to determine viability before proceeding with project development. Realizing early on that an idea will not work saves time and money later.
For more than 50 years Lion Bulk Handling, together with our product brands Carlsen, Kintec, Ruyter Offshore & Bulk Academy, has been providing all kind of feasibility studies and other consultancy services with regards to material handling systems. Here are some examples of feasibility studies:
- analyzing alternative scenarios with regards to material conveying processes,
- analyzing the ease with which different types of dry material can be flown and conveyed,
- analyzing the proposed material handling system and associated flow calculations,
- analyzing the complete supply chain management (also for a second opinion),
- estimating the size and type of conveyance or production facilities,
- estimating the size and type of material handling products,
- estimating the product or equipment lifecycle,
- investigating the need for related equipment, stock, etc.,
- investigating the suitability of the conveyance and/or production technology,
- investigating and comparing conveyance technology,
- determining the reliability of technology (proven or unproven, state of the art, etc.),
- identifying limitations or constraints of the material handling system or conveyance technology,
- analyzing the complete conveyance process,
- investigating potential emissions problems,
- analyzing other environmental impacts,
- identifying regulatory requirements,
A Lion Bulk Handling feasibility study can help answer many different questions related to dry powder conveying. Once the study has been completed, we will present its conclusions and outcome through a presentation and evaluation report. If you have any questions or would like to receive more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have any questions about bulk handling feasibility studies or other consultancy services, our team will be ready to assist you. Let us know your bulk handling project or logistic challenge at http://www.lionbulkhandling.com/contact/.