We get commonly the following question from shipyards and naval architects: “What are the primary components and design parameters of a Reloader System onboard of a cement carrier?”
Based on this request, we will address these components and clarification such system.
- The principle of the Reloader System the (double Reloader) system consists of two tanks that alternate between being filled by vacuum and emptied by pressure. when the first Reloader tank is full, the vacuum valve closes, and the vacuum valves to the second tank open. the second tank is then filled while at the same time the first tank is emptied to the receiving silos by means of compressed air. In this way a nearly continuous conveying process is achieved.
- Once we place the Reloader tanks into the cement carrier, the tanks will be connected to piping dedicated to the collection points within the vessel holds and piping routing throughout the vessel towards the deck.
- Based on the getting an equal piping length from the hold collection points towards the inlet of the Reloader tanks, a strategic location of the tank are amidships.
- The equipment needed to collect and convey the cargo consists out of Control System, Compressors, Vacuum pump, Valves, Instrumentation, Blowers, Piping and Airpads.
The below links address the following components in more depth;
- Reloader tank operation: http://www.lionbulkhandling.com/2017/06/27/heartbeat-pneumatic-ship-unloader/
- Fluidization Fabric: http://www.lionbulkhandling.com/2017/08/29/quality-hi-flow-fluidisation-fabric-matters-gaining-reliable-convey-performance/
- Valves: http://www.lionbulkhandling.com/2017/09/19/how-to-select-a-valve-for-dry-materials-bulk-handling/
- Instrumentation: http://www.lionbulkhandling.com/2016/12/27/level-indication-applications-in-dry-bulk-handling-systems-and-storage-facilities/
- Control System: http://www.lionbulkhandling.com/2017/03/14/how-to-select-the-preferred-control-system/
- Self-check of your Reloader System: http://www.lionbulkhandling.com/2017/07/18/summer-system-check/
Would you like to know more about other types of self-discharging cement carriers? Are you interested to know which bulk handling system are suitable for conversion project? Then tell us your bulk handling project at http://www.lionbulkhandling.com/contact/ or leave a commence below at the comment section.